Internal Affairs

Internal Affairs

Lieutenant Steven Sexton

Commanding Officer

Detective Alec Francis

Complaining About The Actions Of A Mount Vernon Police Employee

In most instances, we believe Mount Vernon Police Department Employees work in partnership with citizens and that our contacts with them are positive. To insure we function efficiently while maintaining the rights of the citizens we protect, our employees are trained to follow a series of policies and procedures, and to work within the guidelines of local, state, and federal laws. Because of the nature of law enforcement, we also understand that citizens on occasion may object to the actions of the police, or may feel their conduct is inappropriate.

As a citizen, you are encouraged to contact the Police Department if you have a complaint about the actions of an employee if you believe their conduct was inappropriate or that they have violated the law. The staff of the Internal Affairs Unit can answer questions about actions of employees, initiate a complaint against an employee, and conduct investigations of police conduct. Although we encourage citizens to report police misconduct, complaints must be made in good faith. False or highly exaggerated complaints serve no good purpose for either the citizens or the employee and only tend to thwart our complaint-taking process. The information that you provide pertaining to complaints will be treated with strict confidence.

How To File A Complaint

To initiate a complaint, you may contact the Internal Affairs Unit. The Internal Affairs Unit is open Monday thru Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM, and is located at 2 Roosevelt Square North, Mount Vernon, NY 10550. They may be reached by telephone at (914) 665-2599, fax at 914-663-4307, or email at

You may also download an employee complaint form from this website. A Spanish version of the form is also available. If you choose to download the complaint form, please include as much detail as possible, including the date, time, and location of the incident, the identities of the officer(s) involved if known, and a statement of the circumstances surrounding your complaint. You should also include your name and a telephone number so an investigator may contact you if further information or clarification is needed. You may file your complaint anonymously, but for us to conduct a thorough investigation your assistance may be necessary.

Complaint Form (English)

Complaint Form (Spanish)

How To Thank A Mount Vernon Police Employee

By the same token, many times Police Department Employees perform their duties in an outstanding manner, which in most instances is not mentioned or reported. If you have occasion to observe an outstanding act or service by an employee and feel the action should be noted, feel free to tell the employee or their supervisor of your comments. You are also encouraged to send a letter to the Police Commissioner’s office expressing your feelings. You may also download an employee commendation form from this website. A Spanish version of the form is also available.

Commendation Form (English)

Commendation Form (Spanish)


  • Laveta Quiram Posted August 31, 2020 11:39 am

    He had made a profit of over $5000 and decided it was time for some breakfast. This game is noticed as a normal fixture of online on line casino video games. You’ve noticed James Bond play it in the films.

  • Tod Koepnick Posted December 24, 2020 9:24 am

    There are various types of poker video games and the primary step to winning is to select an online poker video game. Poker is a video game in which ability figures out the winner. Competition poker is various to cash video game poker.

  • casino online terpercaya Posted December 25, 2020 12:31 pm

    Z calego serca zycze powodzenia. Niech nie zostawi cie ani
    na minute

  • Sarah Desadier Posted January 6, 2021 10:47 am

    You announce “Raise”, and make it two bets instead of 1 to see the flop. In any event, the lighting’s great with out becoming glare-y. Be certain to watch for this when taking part in the sport of poker and searching to be successful in it.

  • Rey Seaberg Posted January 7, 2021 1:47 pm

    You can also play on a number of tables or in tournaments. The two events — held on the exact same day — will include a poker operate and a horse display. Then, the device pays the participant with money or some other factor.

  • Alfredia Maiorano Posted January 9, 2021 6:19 am

    Numerous casinos have video clip poker devices that you can perform for cash as nicely. May it be regarding the rules, about methods utilized or tricks used to improve one’s sport. For more information, telephone 618-253-4522.

  • vreyrolinomit Posted February 26, 2021 7:59 pm

    Thanks for sharing superb informations. Your website is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this website. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for more articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found just the info I already searched everywhere and simply could not come across. What a great web-site.

  • Maynard Rocher Posted March 2, 2021 6:00 am

    In Monte Carlo, he developed the very first gambling establishment. Furthermore, each time you loose a bet, begin once again with initial $10 bet. Always take a fixed amount of money with you.

  • Katrice Toadvine Posted March 2, 2021 8:00 am

    To understand how to win at online casinos will assist you get more money. The clink they made send out tingles down your spine, if you are a real poker gamer, like me. Online Roulette is safe and entertaining too.

  • Glennis Shabazz Posted March 3, 2021 11:21 am

    He then walked the room and enjoyed other games of varying stakes. Naturally that’s how they got their name, 11.5 g Winning Hands Gambling establishment Poker Chips. Not in the United States, not throughout the world.

  • Leonora Naud Posted March 3, 2021 2:19 pm

    The majority of trading of collectible gambling establishment chips is done on eBay. At the end of the day, it is all about you and your computer system, no more, no less. Paulson chips set the standard for poker chips.

  • Britta Wieber Posted March 4, 2021 10:52 am

    This is considered to be the definitive guide to developing worth in collections. The noise of those clay chips was something you can’t receive from plastic or the 11.5 g resin chips. Online poker is a lot more successful than live poker.

  • porn sex Posted March 4, 2021 1:38 pm

    A lоt of wоmen, espеciаlly should thеу be уоung, arе vеrу nervouѕ abоut entеrіng a rеlationship, consists of сonѕtantlу bombаrded with the impression that men аre ѕеx-drіven mаniаcѕ, may sрare no oрportunity to get their partnеrs into bеd. The rеаlіty is that thiѕ falѕе image preѕsurizеs уoung men аѕ much considering doеs women! Guyѕ are scared to сonfеѕѕ to theіr peеrs thаt thеіr libіdos are nоt аs ѕuper-charged as are generally made out tо bе, аnd it ends uр bеing the ‘Emperоr’s New Clothes’ kіnd of a ѕіtuatiоn.

  • slot online terpercaya maha168 Posted March 13, 2021 1:52 pm

    best roulette card i ever played

  • Get More Posted April 2, 2021 2:59 am

    We are really impressed together with your composing talents together with also with the format on your blog. Is that this a paid out subject matter or did an individual modify it your self applied? Both means stay up the particular nice quality writing, it is

  • click to following article Posted April 3, 2021 1:10 pm

    Way cool! Some very valid factors! I enjoy you producing this article and likewise the rest of often the website is also extremely good.

  • maha168 Posted April 4, 2021 10:26 am

    Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that
    I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I
    hope you write again soon!

  • please click the following article Posted April 5, 2021 7:52 am

    I needs to help spend some time mastering much more or understanding a great deal more.

  • Pokerlegenda Posted April 6, 2021 6:36 am

    My spouse and i like it when folks come together and share thoughts.

  • additional info Posted April 6, 2021 11:54 am

    Incredible write-up, you might have denoted out quite a few great points, I also think this s a very fantastic website. My partner and i will visit once again to get more quality contents and in addition, suggest this site to all. Thank you.

  • poker 88 Posted April 8, 2021 1:29 pm

    It is rather extremely good, nevertheless view on the data with this kind of handle

  • check out this site Posted April 9, 2021 8:16 am


  • click here Posted April 11, 2021 6:32 am

    rare to appearance a great weblog like here today..

  • click here Posted April 11, 2021 10:39 am

    exceptional to seem a great weblog like this one today..

  • click to following article Posted April 12, 2021 10:05 am

    thanks this can be good blogging site.

  • following article Posted April 12, 2021 5:06 pm

    These are in fact outstanding concepts in regarding writing a blog.

  • additional info Posted April 13, 2021 6:11 am

    I needs to help spend some time learning much more or understanding a lot more.

  • site Posted April 13, 2021 12:48 pm

    The idea proved in order to be Very useful to me personally and I am sure to all the commentators here!

  • MPO500 link Posted April 14, 2021 10:02 am

    Fabulous article, you have denoted out a few amazing points, I similarly assume this s a good very amazing website. I will visit once more with regard to more quality contents and in addition, highly recommend this site for you to all. Thanks.

  • check here Posted April 15, 2021 7:16 am


  • dewa poker Posted April 18, 2021 7:33 am

    thank you

  • Pokerlounge99 Posted April 19, 2021 6:20 am

    thank you

  • Kartupoker Posted April 19, 2021 1:37 pm

    thank you

  • Kartupoker Posted April 20, 2021 4:34 am

    These kinds of are in fact amazing tips in regarding blogging.

  • Kartupoker Posted April 20, 2021 11:53 am

    Technique cool! Some very valid things! I value you creating this article and also the rest of the internet site is also quite good.

  • Kartupoker Posted April 21, 2021 6:11 am

    rare to seem a great weblog like this one today..

  • Kartu poker Posted April 21, 2021 4:52 pm

    I recently found this blog site and have substantial expectations for it to proceed. Keep up the great operate, its difficult to find good ones. I have added to the favorites. Thank You.

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *